Connie's Cherry Wink Cookies
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/4 csifted flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 csoft butter
1 cchopped nuts - pecans or walnuts
1 cfinely cut pitted dates
1/3 cfinely cut maraschino cherries
2 1/2 ccorn flakes
How to Make Connie's Cherry Wink Cookies
- Cut 12 maraschino cherries in quarters.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar & butter.
- Add eggs to sugar and butter mixture. Blend eggs into mixture.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar & butter mixture.
- Add nuts, dates and cherries to mixture.
- Crush cornflakes into fine crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Shape dough into one tablespoon balls.
- Roll dough balls into finely crushed cornflakes.
- Place cookie balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie ball with 1/4 of a cherry.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.