Colonial Williamburg Ginger Cookies
I made a double batch last Christmas and the kids couldn't get enough of them!
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter or margarine, melted
1/2 cevaporated milk
1 cunsulfered molasses
4 cstone-ground or unbleached flour, unsifted
How to Make Colonial Williamburg Ginger Cookies
- Combine the sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter/margarine, evaporated milk, and molasses. Mix well.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. The dough should be stiff enough to handle without sticking to fingers.
- Knead the dough for a smoother texture. Add up to ½ cup additional flour if needed to prevent sticking.
- When the dough is smooth, roll it out ¼ inch thick on a floured surface and cut it into cookies. You may roll the dough slightly thicker if you desire a taller cookie.
- Bake on floured or greased cookie sheets in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes. The cookies are done if they spring back when touched.