Coffee Spice Cookies!
2 tspinstant coffee powder
1 tspwater, warm
1/2 stickbutter, softened
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/3 cchocolate candy sprinkles
How to Make Coffee Spice Cookies!
- Dissolve instant coffee in warm water. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and coffee to sugar mixture, until throughly mixed.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Divide dought into 2 equal parts. Shape each half into 7-inch long roll by 1/2 inch wide (I generally use the width of 2 fingers).
- Use a sheet either of Parchment Paper or Wax Paper for each roll of dough.
- Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 1-1/2 hours or more.
- Pull cookie dough out of refrigerator. Heat oven to 375 F.
- Place slices 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet or stoneware.
- BAKER'S NOTE: May substitute Starbucks Mocha powder, instead of instant coffee. Added Bonus - add Mini-Chocolate Chips to dough. YUM!
- BAKER'S NOTE: Instead of rolling dough into a log, use a Small Scoop (1 T measurement) and scooping your cookie dough into balls, then roll into chocolate sprinkles. May take 2 or 3 minutes more to bake though! Enjoy!! :)