Heather M. Baker
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspinstant coffee crystals
2 call purpose flour
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cvanilla baking chips, melted
How to Make Coffee Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 305. Lightly grease your cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, sugar, and coffee granules.
- Sift your flour and salt together and gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Dough will be a nice brown with coffee specks in it.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut with a flower shaped cookie cutter (2-3" size). Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until set. Do not let get too brown on top. Remove from oven and cool on wire wracks.
- After cookies are cooled, drizzle melted semi sweet chocolate across the cookie. Drizzle melted white baking chocolate in opposite direction of semi sweet chocolate. (see picture)