Coconut Yummies (cookie) By freda
I have made this cookie adding many different things and makes it an all new cookie.Everytime I see wedding cookies it reminds me of this recipe.
My Variations; I have added, Dates, Raisins, Walnuts, Pecans, Mini Chips,cinnamin,Pumpkin pie or apple pie spices, even mincemeat. You can do anything you like and this cookie will be good.
Possibilities are Endless.
Photo: is of "Mexican Wedding Cookies", But this is what they will look like, so You have an Idea, How these will look.
- 1 stk
- butter @ room temp
- 1/2 C
- powdered sugar, plus 1 c more for dusting cookies
- 2 C
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbs
- coconut flavoring, or vanilla extract
- 2 C
- flaked sweetened coconut
How to Make Coconut Yummies (cookie) By freda
- 1preheat Oven @ 350.
with Mixer, Cream Butter, with 1/2 C Pdr Sugar, until light and fluffy.
- 2Mix in Flour, and salt, to just combined. stir in coconut.
- 3With hands roll dought into 1" balls.
Place on ungreased Cookie sheet, 2 " apart.
- 4Bake til just starting to brown, (About 15-20 min.)@ 350.
Remove from oven immediately.
Place Hot cookies into Zip Lock bag of Powdered Sugar and toss in the Pdr sugar to coat cookies well.
Cool completely and ENJOY!