Coconut Vanilla Glazed Pecan Cookies By FREDA
Pecans and coconut add to the flavor of these cookies.
Then there is the glaze, Its a vanilla Glaze, I have also added a little rum flavoring to these and OH MY GOODNESS, it really adds something to this cookie.
- 1 plg
- pecan swirl quick bread & coffee cake mix
- 3 TBS
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- coconut, or vanilla flavoring
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 C
- coconut, flaked
- 3 Tbs
- half an half, or egg nog
- 1 C
- pdr sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract, or (rum, or coconut flavoring )
- 4 to 6 tsp
- milk or eggnog
- 1/4 C
- 1/4 C
- chopped pecans
TOPPING FOR COOKIES
How to Make Coconut Vanilla Glazed Pecan Cookies By FREDA
- 1Preheat Oven @ 375 degrees.
Spray cookie sheet with no stick PAM spray.
Mix together Bread mix, Add Butter, Blend with fork or Pastry blender. Mix till coarse crumbly mixture
- 2Add Flavoring, & egg, Mix well.
Stir in Coconut and half an half (or egg-nog,) stir til soft dough forms.
- 3On Lightly floured surface, pat dough out to 1/2" thickness, cut with 2" round or square, cookie cutter, Place on pam sprayed cookie sheet.
12-16 min, or til light golden brown.
Cool 2-4 min then remove from cookie sheet.
Cool another 10 min.
in a small bowl mix all the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk or nog to desired consistency, Blend until smooth and no lumps. spread glaze over cookies.
Immediately sprinkle glazed tops with coconut and pecans.
These not only look pretty but these taste wonderful.