Coconut Shortbread half Dipped in Chocolate
*I made a note for some options.
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- sugar (or splenda)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Coconut Shortbread half Dipped in Chocolate
- 2In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 4On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter.
- 5Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 6FOR DIPPING:
- 7In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
Remove from the heat; dip cookies halfway into chocolate.
Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
- 8NOTE: *If you'd prefer, you can dip (dunk) the whole cookie and cover it all in chocolate.
If you do you will need to increase the amount of dipping sauce.
You could also incorporate chocolate chips (or chopped nuts) into the cookie dough, for yet another option.
- 9Nutrition Facts:
1 serving (2 each) equals 333 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.