Coconut Oatmeal Mini Bites
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 cbutter, room temperature
1 cbrown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 coatmeal (rolled or quick cooking not instant)
1 cshredded coconut
1/2 cfinely chopped chocolate or butterscotch chips (optional)
How to Make Coconut Oatmeal Mini Bites
- While preheating the oven to 350F, lightly grease a couple of mini muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Gradually blend the flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in the coconut, oatmeal and chocolate/butterscotch bits.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full with dough – just under a 1-inch ball. The dough will spread during baking.
- Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes, until cookies are just golden brown at the edges. Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing cookie bites and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. The tops may sink slightly as the cookies cool.