Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cbutter (or shortening)
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 crolled oats
1/2 cflaked coconut
1/2 cchopped nuts (your favorite)
How to Make Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper or silpat.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and white and brown sugars.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into batter, blending well. Mix in oats, coconut and nuts.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookies sheets, placing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 - 18 minutes (depending on size of scoop and your oven. It took about 16 minutes in my oven.) until edges are lightly browned.