Sometimes I melt chocolate and drizzle over the top
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
- 1In large bowl mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
- 2In another bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
- 3Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- 4Spray cookie sheet (I use a sheet pan) well with cooking spray(you need to do this each time you put a batch in). Scoop mixture out (I use a ice cream scoop but not necessary) onto the baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown around edges and lightly toasted on top.
- 6Let cool on baking sheet for just about 1-2 minutes (any longer and they have a tendancy to stick to the pan) and put on waxed/parchment paper on the counter to cool. Enjoy