I substituted almond extract for the vanilla ~ think it enhances the flavor of the coconut.
These are easy to make and taste yummy but...there is one thing wrong with the recipe...it makes only 18 cookies! If you really like macaroons, you may want to double the batch!
NOTE: Picture shown is from the ToH Comfort Food Diet Cookbook; will replace with my own pic the next time I make them. First time, they went too fast to get them arranged in a basket for a picture!
- 1-1/3 c
- flaked coconut
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- egg whites (reserve yolks for another use)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla or almond exract
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
- 1In medium bowl, combine first four ingredients. Stir in the egg whites and add flavoring; stir until well combined.
- 2Drop by teaspoon (or small ice cream scoop) onto greased cookie sheet.
- 3Bake in 325°F oven for 18-20 minutes, or until just light golden brown in color.
- 4Remove to wire rack to cool competely.
Makes 18 cookies. Eat and enjoy!