- 3 c
- shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) I use unsweetened.
- 3 large
- egg whites
- 3/4 c
- sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
- 1Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add in shredded coconut and flour; stir with a spatula until well moistened.
- 3Place level 1/4 cup scoops of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Pack the macaroons together with moistened fingers forming the mix into pyramid shapes.
- 4Bake for about 20 minutes, until macaroons are golden brown around the edges (time will vary slightly by size of the cookies). Cool completely on a wire rack.