1 stickbutter, unsalted, softened
1/2 tspsalt, or a scant less
3/4 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 ccoconut, unsweetened
1 1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
- Cream the butter with the sugar, salt, cream of tartar, and baking powder, in a large mixing bowl..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Stir in the flour.
- Spoon 1 1/2 inch mounds of dough on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 11 minutes.
- Remove from the sheet with a spatula and cool completely on a rack.
- Store airtight. Makes 28 cookies.