Coconut Macaroon Filled Tartlets
How to Make Coconut Macaroon Filled Tartlets
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whip egg whites till just foamy add the coconut. Mix until the mixture holds together when you squeeze it in the palm of your hand.
- 2Coat twelve 2-inch brioche, tartlet tins or mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Fill with coconut mixture, making a thumb print in the center and pressing out so mixture forms a 1/4-inch-thick "crust." Repeat with remaining coconut mixture and tins. Place tins on an unlined baking sheet.
- 3Bake crusts until golden brown, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 4Remove baking sheet from oven, and let crusts cool slightly. Turn out crusts onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
If they do not come out easily place in freezer for 15 mins they will come out then.
- 6Place melting chocolate wafers in plastic bag and microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and knead bag place back in microwave for 20 more seconds. Remove bag from oven knead again. Cut a hole on the corner of the bag and pipe in the cocolate. Tap shells to even out the chocolate and place in the fridge until hardened.