Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
From:Martha Cheves , Cook, Eat,Share
- 1 pkg
- (18 oz.) coconut cake mix
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp
- coconut extract
- 1/2 c
- large flakes or 1 cup regular flake coconut
How to Make Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, cream cheese and coconut extract together until blended smoothly. Add coconut. (I use my hands for mixing all ingredients together). Roll into 1" balls, press lightly to flatten, place 1" apart on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
- 2Changes - Simply change the cake mix flavor. You can use spice cake and raisins, chocolate cake mix with coconut or mix in chocolate chips. While making these I added about 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans to the last half of the dough to add an extra taste and texture. It turned out to be a wonderful addition.