Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Funny story... when making the dough it was dry and a lot of coconut and I thought this may be a cookie fail. Oh boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The coconut bakes and gets crispy on the outside while the inside is gooey and moist. These cookies don't spread much, so place the cookie how you want it to bake. This cookie is a coconut lovers dream! The Test Kitchen
3/4 stickbutter-flavored Crisco
1 1/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 pkg6 oz milk chocolate chips
1 pkg14 oz flaked coconut
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Beat in egg and continue to beat until mixture is creamed.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a separate, large bowl. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, and bake 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove to rack to cool completely.