Coconut Cherry Bon Bons
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
7 ozsweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tspcherry brandy
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 csifted powdered sugar
1 cmoist coconut flakes
12 ozmaraschino cherries
1/2 cdessicated coconut
1/2 cdessicated coconut for rolling
16 ozsemi sweet or dark chocolate to be melted
How to Make Coconut Cherry Bon Bons
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine condensed milk, cherry brandy, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
- Add coconut flake, dessicated coconut & chopped maraschino cherries and stir until combined.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator until easy to mold, about 1 hour. Take 1 rounded teaspoon of mixture at a time and roll into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Melt the chocolate and dip the balls into the chocolate, covering completely, and place them on the prepared tray until set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator or a cool place.