Coconut Butterscotch cookies
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbakin soda
1 c( 2 sticks ) butter softened
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 ccoconut, shredded
2 c12 oz pkg butterscotch chips
1 1/2 cpecans chopped
How to Make Coconut Butterscotch cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
In another bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla,until creamy. Add eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture, stir in the coconut, butterscotch chips, and nuts. Drop by rounded Tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
( I use a small melon ball scoop to drop the cookies ) that way each cookie is the same size .
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown . Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then place on wire rack to cool comletely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION : Grease a 15 x 10 inch jelly-roll pan prepare dough as above . Spread into prepared pan . Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. cool in pan on a wire rack, cut into bars. Makes about 4 doz.