- 1 C
- butter , softened
- 2/3 C
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 14 C
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 C
- sweetened coconut
- 2 TBS
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 C
- pdr sugar
- 2 tsp
- coconut or vanilla flavoring ( or rum)
- 1/4 C
How to Make COCONUT BUTTER GLAZED COOKIES by FREDA
- 1Preheat Oven @ 350 degrees
in Large Bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; Stir in egg, flavoring.
in seperate bowl blend together dry ingredients flour, stir in coconut, cornstarch, soda, and stir into butter mixture, 1/2 at a time.
- 2Divide batter in 1/2, flatten into (2)disks and wrap in plastic wrap and place in refer to chill till firm, about 30 min.
- 3Between floured wax paper, roll out dough to 1/4 " thick.Use 2 1/2" cookie cutter cut out cookies, re-roll scraps,
Place 1"-2" apart on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Place in freezer 15 Min. until firm, *BEFORE* Baking.
- 4Bake 10-12 min. till cookies are firm & edges are golden brown. Cool 2 Min, then
Transfer to racks to cool
in small bowl, Whisk together all glaze Ingredients, Spread a scant tsp over each cookie and let harden.
after glazing each cookie, sprinkle with toasted coconut.