Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds
Tender, tasty chocolate short bread that begs to be served with a glass of cold milk.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- all purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c
- unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- coarse salt
- 1 stick
- cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz
- white chocolate coarsely chopped (optional)
How to Make Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds
- 1preheat oven to 300F.
- 2Pulse flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter nad vanilla, and process until mixture comes togeather. Shape the dough into a ball.
- 3Roll out dough on a lightly floured surfact to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out shapes with diomond shaped cookie cutter, or using a pizza cutter. Space 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets lined iwth parchment paper. Bake cookies until firm to the touch. 20-25 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
- 4If desired, melt white chocolate, stirring, in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle chocolate over tops of cookies. Let set 30 minutes.