Cocoa Kiss Cookies
ALLERGY ALERT: Just in case of allergies, be sure to let everyone know that there ARE nuts in the dough (I always use ground pecans, so you really can't tell that they are in there).
* This picture is not mine (got from website recipe)! I lost all of my pictures, so I'll have to add one when I make these for this Christmas holiday.
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- pecans, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- (9 oz) chocolate kisses
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Cocoa Kiss Cookies
- 1In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- 2Stir together flour and cocoa; add in butter mixture, beating until blended.
- 3Add pecans; beat until well blended.
- 4Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- 5Heat oven to 375.
- 6Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- 7Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely.
- 8Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- 10Cool slightly, about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- 11Cool completely and roll in powdered sugar.
- 12Roll in sugar again before serving, if desired.
* SEE MY COMMENT FOR VARIATIONS