Clara's Toffee Squares
How to Make Clara's Toffee Squares
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Mix butter,sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until dough is well blended.
- 3Spread in a 9"x13" baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes, or nicely browned. Crust will be soft.
- 4Remove from oven. Immediately place separated squares of chocolate bars on top of dough.
- 5Let stand a minute until soft; spread evenly over entire surface. Sprinkle with nuts while chocolate is still warm Cut into squares while warm.