Clara's Toffee Squares
1 cbutter, unsalted
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 largeegg yolk
2 call purpose flour
1/4 tspkosher salt
3-4milk chocolate bars (hershey's)
1/2-1 cnuts, chopped, your choice
How to Make Clara's Toffee Squares
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix butter,sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until dough is well blended.
- Spread in a 9"x13" baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes, or nicely browned. Crust will be soft.
- Remove from oven. Immediately place separated squares of chocolate bars on top of dough.
- Let stand a minute until soft; spread evenly over entire surface. Sprinkle with nuts while chocolate is still warm Cut into squares while warm.