Clara's Sugar Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 stickbutter ( not margarine)
2 cwhite sugar
1 cvegetable oil
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tsplemon extract
5 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
2 tspcream of tartar
1flat bottomed glass or cookie press
1/4 csugar for pressing cookie
How to Make Clara's Sugar Cookies
- In a large bowl mix the butter and 2 cups of sugar until well blended.
- Add the oil,extracts and eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Meantime ... in another bowl mix the flour,salt,cream of tartar and baking soda ... blend well.
- Add the flour blend to the creamed mixture one cup at a time until well incorporated.
- Make balls the size of a walnut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet one inch apart.
- Grease the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass with a little shortening and dip it into a bowl of sugar. Press each ball to flatten slightly. Or press with a decorative cookie press.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.( my gas oven only takes 13 minutes)
- Leave on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack or your counter to finish cooling.
NOTE: Keep in a covered container or they really keep well in the freezer for weeks.