★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 box(18.25 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 Tbspgrated lime zest
1 1/4 cwhite chocolate chips
1recipe citrus icing
3 csifted confectioners' sugar
2 tspgrated fresh lemon, lime, or orange zest
5 to 6 Tbspfresh lemon, lime or orange juice
How to Make Citrus Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the cake mix in a large mixing bowl with the softened butter, eggs, and lime zest. Blend with an electrc mixer set on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Stir in the white chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched. Cool for 1 minute on cooke sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Prepare lime icing. Drizzle icing over cooled cookies.
- To prepare the icing place the confectioners' sugar in medium bowl. Mix in zest and enough juice as needed to make icng just thin enough to drip off fork.
- If you want lemon or orange cookies be sure and substite the flavor of choice in place of the lime zest and juice. I also sprinkled my cookie with finely chopped nuts after the icing was on the cookies but before it sets up.