- 1 c
- crisco, buttered flavored shortening
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon flavored coffee syrup (i used savannah cinnamon mix)*
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Cookies
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- 2Combine shortening, sugars, eggs, cinnamon, cinnamon syrup, and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
Blend with a tablespoon until smooth consistency.
- 3Add flour. Blend with spoon until flour is well blended. Add pecans.
- 4I use a large stainless steel cookie sheet ungreased. Pinch off half-dollar size portions of dough or you can use a cookie scoop and put on cookie sheet. (Cookies will be the size of the bottom of a Coke can)
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out and let sit about 1 minute before removing from the pan. They will be chewy. If you want a crispier cookie leave in the oven about 2 more minutes.
- 6Savannah Cinnamon Mix is carried in some places, but any cinnamon flavor will work or you can just add a teaspoon more cinnamon. The address for the company: Savannah Cinnamon Mix, Inc. 2604 Gregory Street, Savannah, GA 31404 1-800-288-0854