1 ccrisco, buttered flavored shortening
1 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cpacked dark brown sugar
2 Tbspground cinnamon
1 tspcinnamon flavored coffee syrup (i used savannah cinnamon mix)*
2 cself rising flour
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Cookies
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Combine shortening, sugars, eggs, cinnamon, cinnamon syrup, and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
Blend with a tablespoon until smooth consistency.
- Add flour. Blend with spoon until flour is well blended. Add pecans.
- I use a large stainless steel cookie sheet ungreased. Pinch off half-dollar size portions of dough or you can use a cookie scoop and put on cookie sheet. (Cookies will be the size of the bottom of a Coke can)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out and let sit about 1 minute before removing from the pan. They will be chewy. If you want a crispier cookie leave in the oven about 2 more minutes.
- Savannah Cinnamon Mix is carried in some places, but any cinnamon flavor will work or you can just add a teaspoon more cinnamon. The address for the company: Savannah Cinnamon Mix, Inc. 2604 Gregory Street, Savannah, GA 31404 1-800-288-0854