How to Make Cinnamon Leaves
- Sift together flour, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar until well blended.
- To the butter mixture add egg, lemon rind and walnuts. Beat well.
- Blend the dry ingredients gradually. Chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into a roll about 8" long and 1 1/2" in diameter; wrap in suran wrap. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut chilled dough into 1/4" slices. Form into pearshaped balls, tapering one end. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with palm of hand to resemble leaves. Veins can be formed into the cookie with the back of the blade of a knife by making V's, and then mark down the center of the V's for the center vein to the stem.
- Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes. Cool Sprinkle with sugar and brush off excess.