How to Make Cinnamon Leaves
- 1Sift together flour, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2Cream butter and gradually add sugar until well blended.
- 3To the butter mixture add egg, lemon rind and walnuts. Beat well.
- 4Blend the dry ingredients gradually. Chill 1 hour.
- 5Shape dough into a roll about 8" long and 1 1/2" in diameter; wrap in suran wrap. Chill at least 2 hours.
- 6Cut chilled dough into 1/4" slices. Form into pearshaped balls, tapering one end. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with palm of hand to resemble leaves. Veins can be formed into the cookie with the back of the blade of a knife by making V's, and then mark down the center of the V's for the center vein to the stem.
- 7Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes. Cool Sprinkle with sugar and brush off excess.