Cinnamon Anzac Biscuits
1 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 1/3 crolled oats (oatmeal)
1 cdesiccated coconut
1/2 csuperfine sugar
1/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cbutter, cubed
1/4 cgolden syrup
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Cinnamon Anzac Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift together the flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the rolled oats, coconut, sugar and brown sugar, and mix well.
- Combine the butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan, and stir over medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Add immediately to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Roll walnut-sized portions of mixture into balls and place on the lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Use your fingers to flatten each slightly (until they are about 1/2 inch thick) and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes for crisp on the outside and chewy in the center (or bake for 16 minutes for a chewy cookie or 20 minutes for a crisp cookie.)
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Note: They will keep in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.