Cinnamon Almond Plum Bars
1/2 cunsalted butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbrown sugar, light
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1large egg yolk
3/4 csliced almonds
1/2 cplum preserves
How to Make Cinnamon Almond Plum Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8-inch bakeing dish with canola spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk preserves to loosen. Stirring the preserves with a fork or a whisk will enable it to spread smoothly over the dough. You can microwave the preserves for a few seconds if it’s very sticky.
- Gently press half of dough into bottom of prepared dish. With the back of a spoon, gently spread jam over dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border so the jam doesn’t stick to the sides of the pan. Sprinkle remaining dough over top all the way to the edges; press gently to form top layer.
- Bake until top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely in dish. Cut into bars with a serrated knife.