Ciao Bella Biscotti D'Anici
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
They can be dipped in dark chocolate after cooling for a richer flavor. I prefer a "naked" biscotti in it's true form.
A batch of these for a gift, and your friends will love you! They make a beautiful presentation.
How to Make Ciao Bella Biscotti D'Anici
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar until combined. Add sugar, anise seed and baking powder. Beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs until combined. Add flour and orange zest.
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets. Divide dough into 4 equal parts and shape into a log about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place 2 logs per cookie sheet, 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool logs on cookie sheet on a wire rack for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- With a serrated knife cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay each slice, cut side down, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes more on each side. Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled you can dip in melted dark chocolate if desired.