Christmas Treasure Nuggets1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1.75 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspsalt, optional
2 coats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
2 ccereal, any flavor
·whole blanched almonds
How to Make Christmas Treasure Nuggets
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats and cereal.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2" apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 1 almond onto each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely and store tightly covered. (Makes 6 dozen cookies.)