Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars
1 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cwalnuts, chopped (can use pecans)
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir in flour, salt and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spread into lightly buttered 9x13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand for 5 minutes, then spread over cookie base. Sprinkle remaining walnuts over the top and press lightly.
- Cool, then cut into bars.