Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 2 1/2 stick
- room temp butter (real butter)
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- 2 c
- chocolate chips
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder for rolling cookies in
- 2/3 c
- powdered sugar for rolling cookies in
How to Make Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 1Cream butter and add the 2 cups powdered sugar slowly. Sift and add cocoa powder and salt.
- 2Add sour cream and vanilla, beat til well combined then add flour, stir in chocolate chips.
- 3This dough is really sticky. If it's too sticky to deal with put it in the refrigerator for a bit to harden up. Anyway you do it, it's messy but sooooo worth it, you'll see! Shape into 1" balls (once again I use the 1 ounce scoop) and roll in the 1/3 cocoa powder and put on cookie sheet. Do NOT flatten them. Bake 10 minutes at 325 but start checking them at about 8 or 9 minutes. You will not think these are done when it's time to take them out of the oven but th edges will just have started to turn a bit. You don't want them to look done. Let them cool then roll in the 2/3 cup powdered sugar and roll 'em really good. I usually end up taking powdered sugar in a sifter and just sift it on them as well.
- 4These really are good and when you put them in your mouth they just start melting right away like a truffle. Make yourself a good cup of coffee to go with a couple of these. Man alive, life don't get no better.......