Chocolate Tortilla Chips-homemade
For crispy snack they are skillet cooked and then baked .
For a soft tortilla they are just skillet cooked. (or cooked over open gas flame and flipped till done.
I made these to munch on the crispy way ,and then filled my cookie jar with them.
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 dash(es)
- table salt
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar-more or less you decide on the sweeetness
- 2 Tbsp
- dark baking cocoa powder(hershey's dark)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- coconut oil or canola oil
- 3/4 c
- milk or warm water
How to Make Chocolate Tortilla Chips-homemade
- 4Form these pieces into balls; let rest 6 minutes.
Roll each ball into a circle as this as you can about 1/8 of an inch is good.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.DO NOT add any oil or spray to pan it must be a dry surface.
(If you can cook them over open gas flame and turn over and over until done do not burn.About 30 seconds on each side.
- 5If you want soft tortillas they are done. Store in refrigerator when cooled, in a ziploc baggie.
For crispy chips like in the photo.
Cut each tortilla into 8 equal pieces with a pizza wheel or sharp knife. Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove and cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy.