Chocolate Topped Coconut Macaroons
How to Make Chocolate Topped Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325. Line cookie sheets with foil and grease & flour them. (You can also use "Baker's Joy" cooking spray)
- Whip the egg white with a whisk until just starting to get foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared foil-lined pan.
- Top each macaroon with 3 or 4 chocolate chips. Press them into the macaroon slightly. (Or, after baking, you can melt the chocolate chips and drizzle it over top.)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until edges are a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 2 minutes, until they just start to firm up a bit.
- Then, with a spatula, quickly move them to waxed paper to finish cooling. You need to do this quickly, as they will stick to the pan as they cool down. (You can place them, on the waxed paper, in the refrigerator for a bit to cool them quicker.)
- Store in a covered container at room temperature.
- ** If you don't want to use chocolate, you can top each macaroon with half of a Maraschino cherry instead.