By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
6 Tbspcocoa powder
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 ozcurrants; plumped in warm water and drained
2 ozchopped pecans
How to Make Chocolate Teacake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Cream the butter, add the vanilla and sugar, beat until light, about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Do not over mix.
- Stir in the currants and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 7x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, remove and cool on a rack.