3/4 cpeaunut butter
3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/4 cpeanut butter
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed ( i use dark brown)
1 1/2 cself rising flour
How to Make Chocolate Surprise Cookie
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1st peanut butter and confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Roll into 30 3/4" balls. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl cream butter, 2nd peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into 30 1 1/2" balls using floured hands, flatten chocolate balls and shape one around each peanut butter ball, sealing edges.
- Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes or until cookies are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 1 min. before removing to wire racks.
- Icing (opt.)
2 Tsp. shortening
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 Tsp. vanilla
1-2 Tbsp. milk
Cream shortening and sugar. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to spread. Pipe over cookies in a zigzag pattern.