Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 call purpose flour
1.5 coats, uncooked
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspsalt, optional
1 cbutter, cold
1 craspberry jam
6 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 calmonds, chopped
3 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup for streusel; set aside.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan; bake 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle evenly with chocolate pieces.
- Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds; sprinkle over chocolate pieces, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown; cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired, and cut into squares.
- TIP: To melt chocolate, place in medium microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Or, place in top part of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water; stir occasionally until smooth.