Chocolate Raspberry Spritz Sandwich Cookies
These spritz cookies are the perfect consistency to use with a cookie press. They bake to a perfect buttery cookie. The raspberry in the chocolate filling adds the perfect hint of flavor. The drizzle on top is a perfect touch!
These cookies bake quickly, so keep your eye on 'em.
- 2 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 c
- 1 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- egg yolks
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- raspberry extract
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Spritz Sandwich Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF. Sift together flour and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until blended.
- 2Fill a cookie press with dough and press cookies about 1-inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3When cookies are cool, melt chocolate and shortening then add raspberry extract to taste. Note: the chocolate may seize up when you start adding the extract. You can add more extract or shortening to remedy this. You may also need to warm it up more to get it nice and melted because the extract will also cool the chocolate off a little.
- 4Spread the chocolate mix on a cookie and sandwich another cookie on top. After sandwiches are made, drizzle remaining chocolate over the sandwiches.