Chocolate Pressed Cookies (1950)
Posted by a lady named : Mrs. Leroy Sillars, Wausau, Wis.
How to Make Chocolate Pressed Cookies (1950)
- 1Cream butter and the sugar. Add egg. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flavoring *chocolate and milk. Blend thoroughly.
- 2Sift together the dry ingredients and gradually add to the shortening mixture , blend thoroughly.
- 3Fill cookie press. For cookie press the bar plate forms an unusually attractive chocolate cookie. Form dough on unoiled cookie sheet.
- 4BAKE in a moderate oven 375° for 8-10 minutes. yields: 7 dozen assorted cookies.
- 5*cocoa powder may be used in place of chocolate by substituting 3 Tablespoons cocoa and 1 Tablespoon shortening for each square of chocolate required.