Chocolate Pistachio Fingers
3/4 cbutter softened
3 ozalmond paste
1 2/3 call purpose flour
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 ccoarse chopped pistachios
How to Make Chocolate Pistachio Fingers
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until blended.
- Add almond paste and egg yolk and beat until light and fluffy. (If the almond paste isn't breaking down grab the dough with your hand. The heat of your hand will melt the almond paste sufficiently to be able to incorporate it completely.)
- Blend in flour a little at a time to make a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours ( or up to 2 weeks)
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board.
- Divide into 8 equal pieces. ( easy way to do it. is to divide in half, then divide those again in half until you have 8 equal pieces.)
- Roll each piece into a 12 inch rope, cut each rope into 2 inch lengths. Place onto parchment covered cookie sheets.
- You can put these fairly close together. 1/2 an inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degree oven until edges are light brown. The top of your cookie will still be white.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- TOPPING DIRECTIONS
- Melt chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave on medium. Stirring every minute or two.
- Dip both ends in the chocolate and then in the pistachios.
- Place on wax paper until they cool completely.
- These can be stored for up to 2 months in a cool dark place.