Chocolate Pistachio Fingers
How to Make Chocolate Pistachio Fingers
- 1Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until blended.
- 2Add almond paste and egg yolk and beat until light and fluffy. (If the almond paste isn't breaking down grab the dough with your hand. The heat of your hand will melt the almond paste sufficiently to be able to incorporate it completely.)
- 3Blend in flour a little at a time to make a smooth dough.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 2 hours ( or up to 2 weeks)
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured board.
- 6Divide into 8 equal pieces. ( easy way to do it. is to divide in half, then divide those again in half until you have 8 equal pieces.)
- 7Roll each piece into a 12 inch rope, cut each rope into 2 inch lengths. Place onto parchment covered cookie sheets.
- 8You can put these fairly close together. 1/2 an inch apart.
- 9Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degree oven until edges are light brown. The top of your cookie will still be white.
- 10Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 11TOPPING DIRECTIONS
- 12Melt chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave on medium. Stirring every minute or two.
- 13Dip both ends in the chocolate and then in the pistachios.
- 14Place on wax paper until they cool completely.
- 15These can be stored for up to 2 months in a cool dark place.