Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
- chocolate cream filled chocolate cookies
- 3/4 c
- plus 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 8 oz
- softened cream cheese, divided
- 1 large
- 1/4 tsp
- plus 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 c
- unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- crushed peppermint candy
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
- 1Scrape the chocolate cream from the cookies into a medium bowl (reserve the cookies). Add 3/4 cup butter, 6 ounces cream cheese, egg, 1/4 teaspoon extract, and salt; beat until creamed and fluffy. Gradually mix in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, cocoa, and flour; mix until combined. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- 2Place the reserved chocolate cookies in a large zip locked bag, crush into fine crumbs with a rolling pin; transfer crumbs to a shallow container. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, pour over crumbs; stir until combined.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls; roll in cookie crumbs until coated. Place balls 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets, slightly press down the cookies with the back side of a measuring cup. Bake 12-15 minutes, cool on racks to room temperature.
- 4Meanwhile, beat remaining 2 ounces cream cheese, 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, drizzle in a little bit of whipping cream and beat until smooth. Add remaining whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form (if needed add more powdered sugar for sweetness). Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- 5To serve cookies, pipe peppermint cream over the top and sprinkle with crushed candies. These are best served chilled!