Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
This recipe came from the Argo Corn Starch canister.
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- 1/2 c
- corn-starch, argo or kingsford's
- 3/4 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 c
- karo light or dark corn syrup
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 6 oz
- pecans, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
NOTE: TO REDUCE CALORIES SUBSTITUTE KARO® LITE SYRUP.
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2To Make CRUST: Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and corn starch in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 3Bake for 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- 4To Make FILLING: Stir together corn syrup, 1-1/4 cups sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Add pecans and chocolate chips.
- 5Pour over crust and bake an additional 35 minutes until filling is firm around the edges and slightly soft in center.
- 6Cool completely, about 2 hours, before cutting in bars.