Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
This recipe came from the Argo Corn Starch canister.
1 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 csugar, divided
1/2 ccorn-starch, argo or kingsford's
3/4 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 ckaro light or dark corn syrup
4eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
6 ozpecans, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
NOTE: TO REDUCE CALORIES SUBSTITUTE KARO® LITE SYRUP.
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- To Make CRUST: Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and corn starch in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- To Make FILLING: Stir together corn syrup, 1-1/4 cups sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until blended. Add pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour over crust and bake an additional 35 minutes until filling is firm around the edges and slightly soft in center.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before cutting in bars.