★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 cchopped pecans
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1 ozsemisweet chocolate square
1.25 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Bars
- In large mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Press mix into a buttered 13x9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate.
- Stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix until blended.
- Pour over crust and return to oven.
- Bake 20 minutes longer until top is set.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.