Chocolate Peanutbutter No-Bake Cookies (or just Chocolate No-bake cookies)
Suddenly this lady reached up and grabbed the front of my wedding gown in her fist and pulled me down to face her and inches from my nose said, "This is your husbands favorite recipe, you will make it for him!" She then thrust a recipe card into my hand.
We have been making these ever since and all our family and friends love them.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh these cookies bring back so many childhood memories. My mom used to make a no bake cookie and these were just as good as I remember hers. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Chocolate Peanutbutter No-Bake Cookies (or just Chocolate No-bake cookies)
- 1Prepare by measuring out the oats and peanut butter in a bowl. Also place a piece of waxed paper about the size of a cookie sheet on the counter to drop the cookies on when they are cooked.
- 2Measure butter, milk, sugar and cocoa into a 2 to 3 qt pot. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 1/2 minutes, remove from heat and dump in the oats and peanut butter. Mix thoroughly till all oats are completly coated with chocolate and peanut butter is mixed in. Work fast as the cookies start to set up quickly.
- 3Drop by spoonfuls on the waxed paper. Allow to cool completely if you can wait that long. Makes 12 to 18 cookies depending on how big you make them.
- 4If you don't want peanut butter in them leave it out and add 1 tsp vanilla with the oats instead.
- 5If they come out to hard or crumbly do not cook as long. If they do not set up cook a little longer.