Chocolate Meringue Cookies
6 largeegg whites, room temperature
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/4 cunsweetened chocolate cocoa powder
1 tspunsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven to 250*
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper prevent the cookies from sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup cocoa and sugar together, set aside.
- In a large bowl using your electric mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. While beating to the frothy stage, add salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract. After reaching the frothy stage, add the cocoa/sugar mixture (1 Tbsp at a time) while continuing beating until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Drop batter by Tbsp onto prepared cookie sheets about(1-inch apart).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tsp cocoa and cinnamon. Using a sieve or a sifter, sprinkle mixture over the non-baked cookies.
- Bake 90 minutes, turn off the oven, open the door slightly, and allow cookies to cool in the oven. Remove from oven and store in a tightly covered (airtight) container.
Makes 50 cookies.