Chocolate Marble Cheesecake Cookies
- 3 c
- oreo or hydrox cookie crumbs (including filling)
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp
- unsweatened cocoa powder
- 6-1/2 Tbsp
- butter (melted)
- 2 pkg
- 8 oz pkgs of philadelphi cream cheese (softened)
- 1 c
- sugar or substiotute splenda or truvia
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 oz
- semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 5 oz
- semisweet chocolate - coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- whipping cream
CHOCOLATE GLAZE (OPTIONAL)
How to Make Chocolate Marble Cheesecake Cookies
- 1In large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, nuts, cocoa and melted butter.
Turn into lightly greased 9-by-13 inch baking pan. Bake in pre-heated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on rack 10-minutes before filling.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat Cream Cheese, Sugar, Cornstarch and Salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer 1 cup of mixture to medium bowl and stir in melted chocolate. Stir Vanilla into remaining cheese mixture.
- 3Spread Vanilla mixture evenly on cooled cookie base. Drop heaping tablespoons of the chocolate mixture in 9 randomly spaced places. Use back of same spoon to cut through mixture in a wide zigzag pattern to create marbled effect. Do not marble too much or colors will blend. Be careful not to touch crumb base or crumbs will be pulled into cheese mixture. Lift pan about 2 inches above countertop and set down sharply to even surface of cheese layer. Repeat once or twice if necessary.
- 4Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on rack. Prepare optional glaze if desired. Pour glaze over cooled cookies. Smooth with rubber spatula. Cool 15 minutes before covering. Refrigerate overnight before cutting.
- 5Use a sharp thin-bladed knife to cut 24 squares (each about 2 inches), cutting 6 strips on 13 inch side and 4 strips on 9 inch side. Wipe knife with paper towel between cuts. Cookies may be stored in airtight container in refrigerator 5 days. Do not freeze.
- 6CHOCOLATE GLAZE (OPTIONAL)
5 ounces semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Whipping Cream
Combine ingredients in small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring often, until glaze is smooth. Cool to room temperature.