Chocolate Macadamia Biscuits (Australian Cookies)
For a double chocolate treat, add 1 1/2 Tbsp of cocoa powder to the dough with the flour and nuts (in step #3).
The cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Once opened, macadamia nuts should be kept in the refrigerator and should be used within two months.
1 cupmacadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cupunsalted butter, softened
1/2 cupsuper-fine sugar (caster sugar)
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
1 1/3 cupsflour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/3 cupmilk chocolate chips (2oz)
How to Make Chocolate Macadamia Biscuits (Australian Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place macadamia nuts on a baking sheet, and roast for 3 to 5 minutes or until very lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set them aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and cinnamon, and beat just until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and cooled macadamia nuts. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Using a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop (or a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon), drop dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, them transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate and then drizzle thin lines of the melted chocolate across the tops of each cookie. Set cookies aside for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.