Chocolate Layered Toffee Bars
These were served at our block party and I got the recipe to this easy recipe from my neighbor.
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz
- brickle toffee bits (1 1/2 cups)
- rolls refrigerated chocolate chips cookies
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips,(2 cups)
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk-not evaporated
- 1 Tbsp
- peanut butter, creamy
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Layered Toffee Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350^. Spray bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking pan with spray.
In a medium bowl, stir 1/2 c. butter, 1 1/2 c. of the graham cracker crumbs and 3/4 c. of the toffee bits. Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Chill about 15 minutes, or until firm.
Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In 2 qt. saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over cracker crust.
In another bowl break up cookie dough. Mix remaining 1/2 c. cracker crumbs with wooden spoon until well blended, Crumble mixture evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 c. toffee bits.
- 2Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For a firmer bar, chill 30 minutes longer. For bars cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.