How to Make Chocolate Lace Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Once thoroughly mixed combine the egg and the rest of the ingredients.
- Drop by scant teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for around 12 minutes.
- *** What I learned is to watch the cookies at about the 9-10 minute mark. These can burn easily.
- *** Also with removing them...take them out of the oven and put in the next sheet, wait a minute or two
and you should be able to remove the cookies relatively easy. When you go to remove them if you notice that they start to bunch up then it is too soon for removing, they are still too soft.
- *** When you are able to slide a spatula under the cookie without too much wrinkle or none at all you will be fine. It's not an easy thing to find the right time to remove the cookies from the sheets, but when you do you'll know when to do it every time. If you wait too long they will break
when removing them. What's happened is they hardened and they will stick really good when hardened. They still taste good just don't look as nice. I would use a brown paper bag or something similar to put them on. A wire rack will make them sag while cooling, so I don't reccomend using one.