★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter flavor shortening
11 ounce square unsweetened chocolate, melted, cooled
1 call purpose flour
3/4 cchopped nuts
How to Make Chocolate Kiss Thumbprint
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet with butter flavored shortening.
- Set aside.
- Combine butter flavored shortening, sugar, milk, vanilla and egg yolk.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Add to chocolate mixture and mix well until well
- Form dough into 1 inch balls.
- Beat egg white slightly with fork and coat balls with egg white.
- Roll in chopped nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Press thumb gently in center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place chocolate kiss in each thumbprint and return to oven for 1 more minute.
- Remove to cooling rack. (Makes 2 1/2 dozen 2 inch cookies.)